July 03, 2012

Essie Mojito Madness

When I first saw the new Essie display at Wal-Mart for their summer collection, I was prepared to turn away without another thought. That was until I saw Mojito Madness.

If you know me, when it comes to purchases, I am the most indecisive person alive. Give me enough time to kill in a store, and I will agonize over whether or not to buy something for hours. Anyway, I was in Wal-Mart after work one day, trying to kill an hour before I had to go and pick my brother and his friend up from school, and I saw the display. I held Mojito Madness in the palm of my hand for the entire hour I was there, save for the five or so times that I put it back in the display thinking that I didn't want it after all. Honestly, sometimes I think I have that tiny angel and tiny devil on each of my shoulders trying to tell me what to do. The angel was telling me that it looked too much like Orly Mint Mojito and it wouldn't make sense to spend the $8.99 on it. The devil told me that the colours were wayyyy different from each other and that I needed to own both.

Well, as usual...the devil won out.


Essie's Mojito Madness is a bright grassy green colour that has a slight blue undertone. I say slight because it is so very subtly more blue than some other similarly toned greens that I have. The formula was a dream -- it could have gone on in one coat, but the second was just to level the colour out.

Flash, indoors

Natural light, indoors
I honestly think that I can never have too many greens in my collection. This is such a stunning colour,  I can't even deal with it. I've filled another nail polish wheel, so I'm thinking it's time for me to go on yet another no-buy. With the exception of OPI's summer releases, the other collections have been calling my name. Heck, China Glaze Anchors Away from Spring 2011 is STILL calling my name! I've picked up White Cap and Ahoy in the past week, and my subconscious is still eyeing First Mate. 

I'll admit that I have a problem. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment