July 29, 2012

China Glaze: Strawberry Fields vs. Ahoy!

I've gotten so many compliments on my Olympics nails, it's crazy! I went to dinner last night and discovered a fellow polish fiend in our waitress when she saw my nails and immediately recognized the Olympic rings. We discovered that we both did Christmas light nail art for the holidays...soul mates!

Anyway, this is yet another case of me not getting a particular polish because I thought it would be too similar to something already in my stash. Clearly, I was being delusional.

China Glaze's Strawberry Fields is from their 2009 Summer Days collection, a favourite of mine; Ahoy!, is from China Glaze's 2011 Anchors Away collection, another huge favourite of mine. Pink, golden shimmer, must be the same, right? WRONG:

Direct Sunlight

China Glaze is a much warmer and lighter pink with a much stronger golden glass-fleck shimmer. Ahoy! is a darker, berry shade with a more subtle, more pink-leaning shimmer.

Lightbox

Flash

Natural Light (Indirect Sunlight)
Strawberry Fields is a shade that I associate more with summer, due to it's warmth. The first time I wore Strawberry Fields, a friend of mine liked it so much that she asked me to get her a bottle! Ahoy is something that I would probably wear more in the spring or winter, though I did wear it a few weeks ago to try it out. They are similar, but they are definitely not the same. I'm glad to have both of these in my collection.

The good news is, these seem to be additions to China Glaze's permanent line of colours at Sally Beauty Supply. As far as I can tell, China Glaze is only available from Sally's, Chatters, and occasionally the Beauty Supply Outlet here in Canada, for about $6.49 or $5.99 at Sally's with a Sally Card.

I cannot stress enough how much I love my Sally's. :D

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for comparing these two, this information is exactly what I was after!

    ReplyDelete