July 12, 2012

Zoya Zuza

My restraint with new collections this summer has been pretty good. I'm averaging about 1 bottle from the new collections, even though I tell myself that I want more when the initial promotional pics come out. Zoya's Zuza was the first of such summer lemmings.

Natural Light

Flash
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but Zoya seems to be coming up with more and more outlandish "women's names" for their polishes. Zuza? I mean, it's not completely unbelievable, and I guess there are only so many girls' names that they can use, but it seems like maybe now they are just making random noises in the boardroom and seeing which ones stick...remember Breezi?

This colour was really interesting. I wouldn't quite say that it is teal, though that was the first word that popped into my head. I would probably label this more as an aquamarine, a name that fits more with the ocean imagery that comes to mind when I look at this colour.The shimmer appears to be silver in most lights, but I found that occasionally the shimmer would shift and appear more golden...maybe it's just me. The shimmer is more chunky, but I wouldn't go as far as to call it glass flecks -- it sort of makes the finish look grainy, which was interesting and beautiful.

As usual, the formula on this one was a beauty, smoothly applied in 2 coats. I did experience some staining on removal, on the skin more than on the nails. I doubled up on base coat, though, so the story might have been different if I hadn't.

These pictures were taken when my nails were really long, and my posting is a little bit out of order these days, so do not be alarmed if I happen to post a picture of nubbins, immediately followed by the usual talons. You have been warned. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment