July 16, 2012

In Bed

So, I've been sick. Technically, I still am pretty sick, considering I can't swallow much of anything without it hurting...but it's getting better.

I haven't been sick enough to warrant a prescription for an antibiotic in years and years, including that time in Grade 6 when the doctor said I had pneumonia, but I'm starting to think that maybe what I had wasn't pneumonia, exactly, if he didn't give me anything at all. So, anyway, when I haven't been at work (I felt like maybe it was too much of a hassle to get shifts covered for a sore throat), I've been at home sleeping, or reading, or watching movies...but NOT painting my nails. And in this non-nails related post, I thought I would share with you some of the things other than nails that have been occupying my time while my immune system tried valiantly to kill those lines of round-shaped bacteria.

  • Meet The Robinsons: The first time I saw this movie, it blew my mind. I was crazy with fever when I saw this movie on TV a few days ago, so I decided to dig it up and watch it again in a more lucid state. Seriously, probably one of my most favourite "new" Disney movies.

  • PubMed: not a good thing to be obsessed with for somebody who thinks every itch is anaphylaxis and every fever is a tropical disease...
  • Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close: the book was the last thing I bought before I got sick, and I sure am glad that I did! Not just because it gave me something to read while I recovered, but because it was an excellent book.
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
  • Definitely, Maybe: this movie was on TV a few weeks ago and I had PVR-ed it, with the intention of watching it right away. I didn't get around to it until the first day I was in bed. It didn't interest me at first, since the description was much too similar to How I Met Your Mother, but I wanted to watch it because it was similar. It is, but it isn't. Loved it anyway.
  • Cheer Perfection: I have a deep fascination with most of the trashy stuff that goes on air on TLC, the supposed "Learning Channel". This was no exception. That blonde lady fascinated me when she was on Toddlers and Tiaras and she fascinated me on this hour-long special. I have a problem.
  • Instant Noodles: F*** YEAH!
  • Twenties Girl: I'm trying, not very hard, to stop reading chick-lit, but it is way too hard. It must be working, though. Must be. I cannot for the life of me get through this book. I've had it for a few years now, and I can't really get through more than a chapter at a time. Is it too absurd? Don't know, just can't get into it.

I wasn't stuck in bed for too long, so the list of my obsessions was not as long as it could have been. It's a good thing that I pre-scheduled all those posts, though. The bad news is that now there is no longer a "life buffer" for the blog: posting may take a backseat to life once again, but fear not, I WILL BE BACK.

No comments:

Post a Comment