July 05, 2012

Nail Art Is the Best Medicine

This specific attempt at something resembling nail art has been cooking in my head for awhile, ever since a coworker at the pharmacy mentioned that it would be awesome to have a nail polish that was the same colour as the capsules she was currently counting out. Sometimes I think my friends support me and my addiction too much. BUT THANKS GUYS, I LOVE YOU ALL!

Considering that I spend most of my time in the summer working around prescription drugs, and most of my time during the school year [pretending like I'm] learning about prescription drugs, it was only a matter of time until this found its way into my nail obsession.


It's an idea I've had for a VERY long time, but I wanted to wait until my nails were the right length/shape for them to resemble capsules. I did these by painting on 1 to 2 coats of the lighter or least opaque colour of the capsule on each nail, and then painting on the second colour on the other half. I was going to use scotch tape to guide painting on the other half, but I was much too impatient for  that and ended up free-handing them. The numbers were put on using a toothpick.


I also had a ridiculously hard time deciding which capsules should be represented. I wanted to have those which were common enough to recognize, but also something unique enough that one who knew what these were would be able to distinguish it as such. A few of them could be a number of things...but I tried.


I'll let you guess. Don't scroll down just yet...here are some lolcats to entertain you while you scroll.



Here they are, if you were actually attempting to guess instead of attempting to care. :P


Colours used:

  • Orly Mint Mojito
  • Zoya Cho
  • Joe Fresh Crush
  • Orly Wild Wisteria
  • Color Club Almost Famous
  • Wet n Wild Black Creme
  • Wet n Wild Through the Grapevine 



Colours used:
  • Orly Mint Mojito
  • Sally Hansen Wet Cement
  • Wet 'n' Wild Candy-licious
  • Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme
  • Color Club Almost Famous
  • Sally Hansen Cherry Red
  • Sally Hansen White On
  • Zoya Breezi

Now, I'll be completely honest. As much as I enjoyed this manicure, I only wore it for about 2 hours before I decided that having all these colours together in one manicure was just...ugly. It was a novel idea and something that has been on my mind for awhile, so I was glad that I did it no matter how brief  the wear time was. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment