July 25, 2012

Countdown to The Olympics #3

Okay, well, technically the Olympics have already started, as I am sitting in front of the television watching a soccer game. But at the same time, they technically don't start until the opening ceremonies, at least in my book. So the title of this post still holds.

Now, if you occasionally peruse through my posts, you probably know that I have a penchant for doing themed nails to match whatever major  (or minor) event may be happening at that time. In this series, I'll be showing the three nail designs that I tried on to mark the 2012 Olympics, ending with my final choice.

This first one is actually from The Daily Varnish, a simple design that I just simply had to try for myself:








I decided to make the Olympic Flag by using my smallest dotting tool and roughly making the rings with small dots. I considered larger dots with white dots inside to make the ring, but I wanted the rings to appear more intertwined. You'll see this Olympic Flag nail be the focal point of my future designs, too.

The colours I used were (Left to Right): Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away, Color Club Almost Famous, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Going Green (one of my most favourite polishes of all time), and Wet 'n' Wild Red Red.

Will you be doing olympic nails too?

No comments:

Post a Comment