June 06, 2012

Covered in Diamonds Jubilee

Wouldn't you know it, the second that I mention that I am ecstatic to have extra material to post, I don't post for almost a week! It's going to be a quick post today, because I'm just coming back from a steak dinner and I'm feeling symptoms of major itis. I missed a birthday dinner for a friend of mine to go to this other dinner for work, so I'm pretty pleased that it came with some delicious steak. :)

Over the weekend, I was pretty much parked in front of the television during the hours where I wasn't at work for two reasons. The first being that Friday is TLC's Bride day and I| was catching up on a bunch of Four Weddings episodes (I can't get enough of that show!), and the second being the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. I have been obsessed with the royals ever since the 5th grade when I borrowed a book about Prince William from my elementary school's library, forgot to return it over the summer, and then...switched schools. WHOOPS! It still claims a shameful spot in my book case.

I wanted to do a manicure to commemorate the occasion, but I was so darned busy that I failed to paint my nails any colour at all. To make up for it, I'm posting a quick layering mani of Color Club Covered in Diamonds over How I Met Your Magenta.


I didn't end up wearing this for long, because I was in the process of changing my polish when I decided to do some layering over my existing manicure before I removed it. I didn't end up putting a top coat on, but I could tell from the texture of the polish that it would take a couple of coats to even it out. I was drawn to Covered in Diamonds because it bore some similarity to Luxe and Lush from the Hunger Games Collection. The formula for this was pretty terrible -- I would liken it to a bunch of glitter shards mixed in with some clear paste. You pretty much have to drop a huge glob of it on your nail and then spread it around as best you can...

Now I was going to tell you that I still have loads of material to go through, but this time no promises will be made! My cousin is getting married on Saturday, so it has been pretty hectic. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment