June 11, 2012

Flashback: Smooth Sailing

Most of my flashback posts come with some sort of story. This one will be no exception.

My simple-minded existence consists mainly of thinking up "the one perfect colour" that I absolutely NEED to have, and going about my days looking for it. Mainly. You know, in between work, school, and social...commitments. But anyway, in the early moments of the summer of 2011, "the one" could be described as periwinkle.

This was in the pre-Sally Beauty and Chatters era, so I only went to Trade Secrets for non-drugstore brand polishes. It was a Friday morning; I had work at 10AM and I was at Trade Secrets at 9:30 sharp to search for a purple colour my aunt had used for a pedicure. It was buy 1 get 1 half off on Zoya and Essie that month, so I got Zoya Mira, and this baby, Essie's Smooth Sailing:




At the time I thought my search had ended -- dark periwinkle, subtle but ever-present silvery shimmer, wonderful formula...but you know it never ends with me. Within the next week I bought 2 other periwinkle shades, including China Glaze Secret Periwinkle on my first trip to Sally's. Still, I'll remember this as my first.

I'm a sucker for anything blue/purple/blurple, so I don't see my accumulation of like colours ending anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment