May 30, 2012

Essence-tially

FINALLY, a full Essence mani! I was so excited about these coming to Canada, and then...I sort of just accumulated a bunch of them and never really tried any of them on.

This is Gleam in Blue from Essence:



Gleam in blue is a sky blue-coloured metallic/frost. I'm not a big fan of frost finishes, since they're pretty brush stroke prone, and this really wasn't an exception. It's a great colour, just not my cup of tea. HOWEVER, I will say that the formula was amazing. This was 2 coats, but you really could get away with just one if you're careful.

I know that there is a dent in my index finger, but that can be chalked up to my sheer laziness and the fact that I will probably be changing this colour very soon and see no benefit from me re-doing that finger. My hands also look extremely oily in that picture, but it's only because I had just finished putting on some body butter from The Body Shop. The pot I'm using right now is pretty ancient, so I feel like a bit of a hypocrite when I tell people at the store not to use their old creams because there might be bacteria growing in them (aside from the fact that the active drug is probably...inactive). I keep telling myself it's okay just as long as I don't put it on before eating. There's about 15% of the pot remaining...I promise the denial ends once it's empty. :P

You can get these cute Essence polishes from Shoppers Drug Mart for $1.49 (and really, I should have just called some of my peeps at Shoppers to hook me up with a discounted price, but I wasn't thinking very clearly). It was in a little display that said "Limited Edition Colours", but I have seen it at other Shoppers locations mixed in with the permanent collection display. For the price, it's hard to go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment