May 05, 2012

The Hunt for Essence

Essence came to Canada a few months ago, but only within the last week have I been able to get my hands on some. Essence is a little European brand that sells these cute little mini nail polishes for $1.49CAD and I've heard nothing but good things! Even then, what I have to show for my quest thus far is really not that impressive.


About 3 weeks ago, I used the Shoppers Drug Mart store locator to find the store with Essence that was least out of my way. It gave me the location of a SDM about 2 blocks from Union Station. I could hardly contain my excitement as I took time out of my busy exam-time schedule to go and check it out, but...alas, no Essence display. :(

You can imagine my disappointment.

The weekend before I left for my vacation, I was running some last minute errands when I came upon...AN ESSENCE DISPLAY! It was mostly empty, but still. I snatched up the last 2 bottles, Luxury Secret and Where Is The Party? (2 bottles on the right). This morning, while killing time before work, I picked up 2 more, Choose Me! and Gleam in Blue. I am a little disappointed that I've only been able to pick up 4 of these awesome little bottles, but rest assured that I will have more before the summer is out.

I haven't yet had a chance to swatch any of these, but when I do I can feel that there will be some comparisons to be had, namely between Choose Me! and Wet 'n' Wild Teal of Fortune, AND Where is the Party? and Wet 'n' Wild Gray's Anatomy. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment