May 14, 2012

Wait for it...

I realized while twiddling my thumbs this evening, that this week is host to many a season finale on TV. I usually don't watch a lot of it, like some of my very good friends, but there are a few shows that I keep tabs on. As it happens, two shows that I enjoy are ending this week for the summer, and I happen to own nail polishes that are named for them! (Come to think of it, all of the Wet 'n' Wild Fast Dry polishes are named after TV shows...) I will be wearing them this week, hopefully on the dates that correspond to the airing of the season finales.

Tonight, we have Wet 'n' Wild Fast Dry in How I Met Your Magenta




How I Met Your Magenta is not in fact magenta, but a bubblegum pink with golden shimmer running throughout. Of course, this colour was worn in honour of the How I Met Your Mother season finale that just aired. (You need to watch it. You do.)


If you've read any of my previous posts, or if you know me personally, you probably know that I can't stay away from anything that has golden shimmer. I bought this polish specifically for the name, but had it been named anything else, I doubt that I would have been able to put it down regardless. This was my first encounter with Wet 'n' Wild fast dry, and I have to say that I was not at all disappointed. I'm wearing 3 coats of How I Met Your Magenta, but 2 coats would have been sufficient. As for the fast drying time, I would say it was faster than normal polishes, but not instant. Also, it dried with a matte finish, so I ended up putting on a fast dry top coat anyway.

As you also might have noticed, my nails are significantly shorter than they were in my last post. In fact, their increasing length is what pushed me to take off my beautiful squares masterpiece. I spotted a little crack in one of my nails, and, fearing a full out breakage, decided to chop them off to be safe rather than sorry. I personally think patches are kind of gross, so I would much rather have ugly nubs than "pretty" patched up cracking-off talons.

So there you have it. This colour is such a beauty, I can't stop looking at the golden shimmer. If you are a fan of How I Met Your Mother, you should go and watch the finale. Go. Do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment