May 09, 2012

Flashback: Blue Gradient

Before I got my netbook for my 20th birthday, I used to be a good student. Like, print-out-my-notes-write-down-every-word-give-loud-people-the-stink-eye good.

But then of course I fell victim to browsing the internet in class afterwards. One of the first things I did was look up nail art tutorials on Youtube with the sound turned off. The first one I looked at was this one, by MissChevious:



So, having a whole day off from work last summer, I decided to try it out:


I'm going to say right now that I prefer her choice of colours over mine by a long shot. To this day I still don't have a paler blue colour in my collection that doesn't suck formula-wise. I painted the lightest blue on as a base and then sponged the rest of the colours on. The colours used were (from cuticle to tip): Nicole by OPI Baby Blue, China Glaze Periwinkle, Essie Smooth Sailing, Sally Hansen Thinking of Blue, China Glaze Grape Juice, and Wet n Wild Kaleidoscope.

Tomorrow I have another day off from work, so hopefully I can finally get started on some nail art. I bought some holographic glitter at Icing at 50% off, so I'm also hoping to make some frankens in the next few weeks, if my discount glitter doesn't melt in nail polish. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment