May 03, 2012

My Greatest Creation...

No, I'm not talking about a mani, at least not in particular. This is my friend Susan:

I didn't know if she was ok with a face picture, so I settled for a Times Square jumping shot

I made her into a nail polish addict. Like, standing in the middle of a drugstore debating between two shades of almost-identical red at 11 o'clock at night on your vacation while 12 other people waited addicted (I was about to say 13, but I was clearly doing exactly the same thing as she was). Or like, I-didn't-study-for-two-hours-because-I-was-shopping-for-nail-polish addicted. I've created a monster, and I'm damn proud of it.

Anywhooooo, this is a joint project of ours, that we were supposed to wear to New York together, except that we did it too early and quickly tired of it. Here was my contribution:


Mind you, I did this in an hour after I gave up on studying. I tried using hole punch reinforcements to help me with the sweetheart neckline of what was supposed to be a dress, but it was far too time consuming so I free-handed it. The dress is Sally Hansen's Save the Date, the skin tone is Zoya Cho, and the pearls are Barielle Love. It honestly looks kind of crappy. But...




Seriously, is that not the cutest? Almost makes up for my crappy free handing. I'm kind of bummed that we didn't keep them on long enough for the cute nails couple to go and see Phantom of the Opera. They would have been so much more well dressed than we were...

I'm so glad we've recruited another one over to the dark side. So glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment