August 15, 2012

The Party's On My Nails!

I think I may have already recounted my mission to spot Essence when I heard that it had come to Canada in the spring. I scouted every Shoppers Drug Mart like it was nobody's business. (I stopped short of asking all my friends to help me, since a lot of them work there, because I decided that would be crossing the line.) 

In any case, I found my very first bottle while shopping for shoes with my mom after a week or so. This is Essence Where's The Party?


This colour is hands down, the most amazingness I have ever encountered for such a low price. $1.49 and it's like I get THREE different colours and more! Green:


Brown:


Purple:








The only other polish I have that compares in terms of the level of duochrome is Nubar's Indigo Illusion, and that cost me at least four times more than this one did. The colour shift reminds me a bit of Wet 'n' Wild Gray's Anatomy, but this one is definitely stronger.

The second best part? (After the low price, of course.) The formula was THE BOMB. I probably could have gotten away with one coat, but I did two out of habit. It wasn't streaky, if applied properly, and it dried rather quickly. 

Again, these go for $1.49 at Shoppers, for a mini-bottle. So far I've been mighty impressed by Essence, delivering on the quality and skipping out on the high prices. Keep it coming, Essence!

No comments:

Post a Comment