August 13, 2012

Not-So Itsy-Bitsy-Teeny-Weeny Black Polka-Dot Tankini

Most hyphens used in my entire life, ever. True story.

I want to tell you that this mani was some genius idea that happened before I went on vacation: matching with my new bathing suit!

However, this is not the case, as I came up with the idea somewhere in between the plane ride from balmy Florida and the car ride home to rainy, unseasonably chilly Toronto. Although I loved the look of my bright blue toenails against the white sand beach, not to mention my neon green fingernails against the blue of the ocean, I couldn't help but feel a bit of my tacky side crave matchy-matchy fingernails.

Here is a picture of my bathing suit:

Christina® Halter Tankini Top
 
 
This is not me. I am far too insecure to post a picture of myself wearing it. But the visuals brought to you courtesy of the Sears catalogue were merely for you to understand what is coming next.




Cloudy Day :(
I originally wanted to do just black with polka-dots to reflect the pattern, but I thought that doing that would be far too predictable and boring, so I decided to do the matte triangle. I like both how the matte area contrasts sharply with the shiny area and how it reflects the very top part of my tankini top. :D
I used Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme for the base, Sally Hansen White On for the dots with a dotting tool, and Joe Fresh Matte Top Coat. I freehanded the lines between matte and shiny, so the triangles are not all the same size, but you get the idea.


In elementary school, and in the first part of high school, I was notorious for being very matchy-matchy. Thankfully, that has toned down a bit, but I just could not resist doing this fun design!


No comments:

Post a Comment