August 18, 2012

Essie Navigate Her

When Essie's Spring 2012 collection originally came out, the only colour that called my name was Navigate Her, the colour that lent its name to the collection.

A pastel, pistachio green, Navigate Her was the only colour that I thought was unique out of the 6 that came in this collection. Also, it was green. If it's green, I have to have it. Naturally.





When I first put it on, I thought it looked pretty unflattering. Which was kind of a disappointment, since this was a lemming of mine for about a month before I finally got my hands on it at Winners. However, after a few hours, I got used to the colour and it started to grow on me once again. I might classify it as one of those "so ugly it's beautiful" colours. The second picture kind of gives me lobster hands, but the first is more colour accurate.

The formula was pretty good for an Essie polish as well. (Not that I've had very many problems with Essie. I've heard stories, though.) The first coat was very streaky, but, if left to dry, it evened out a bit and was smooth and perfect by the second coat. The pictures above are 2 coats with no top coat.

It's been a pretty long week and right now I am really looking forward to painting my nails again, to be honest. I've gone back on a Strange Days at Blake Holsey High kick -- does anybody else remember that show? It was my absolute favourite all through high school. I must have re-watched 10 episodes, plus the movie conclusion, since Thursday evening. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment