January 07, 2012

Ombre Nails

At the end of yet another unproductive day, I'm here to show you my very first ombre manicure! I've been wanting to try it out forever, and today seemed like a good opportunity to try it out.




Excuse the ugly cuticles...

This is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Grey Area, which is a dark gray which leans purple and has a kind of brown-ish tone to it. white polish added to it. I ended up using a plastic plate to mix together four drops of Grey Area with Sally Hansen White On. Grey Area is in its pure form on the pinky, and each subsequent finger has one additional drop of white added. I used the brush from an inexpensive clear polish to mix up the polishes and apply them (and THEN I "washed" the brush with acetone and put it back). My bottle of White On is getting really chunky now, so it was really hard to apply once I got to the index finger since the mixture of polishes would dry even before I got it to the nail, which was super annoying. The thumb is a pretty gloopy mess, but nothing that my topcoat couldn't fix. Otherwise, I was pretty pleased with the final result.

My first choice for an ombre manicure would have been either a blue gradient or a teal gradient, but I wanted to stay with a more work-appropriate colour since I have a work tomorrow, and a practical on Tuesday. This look is so unique, and I think, extremely chic. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

- K

No comments:

Post a Comment