January 03, 2012

Finger Paints Flakies

I relished in my last day of Christmas break by sleeping in today until 10, which is something that I NEVER do. Furthermore, I really did not feel like studying just yet, so I decided to come on here and rattle on a little bit about random happenings and, of course, the new Finger Paints collection!

But first I must express how terribly annoyed I am that I seem to have caught a cold yesterday. Ladies and gentlemen, your mothers were right -- don't go outside in the winter with your hair wet! I called my local Sally's yesterday in hopes that they had the new Finger Paints in and went out on a whim after taking a shower to go and check them out. Of course I regret being so hasty because now I have a stuffy nose, which has recently changed to a runny nose, and I definitely won't gross you out with the details, but by the looks of it, it's not too serious, though bothersome as HELL. Did I mention I am a champ at writing run-on sentences?

Funny story: the lady who works (and I assume is the manager, as she seems to always be there) at Sally's asked me if I was the girl who called last week begging her to release the Finger Paints collection early. I wasn't, but this means that there is another junkie who probably lives nearby...BFFs! Anyway, because I obviously have my priorities straight, I picked up 2 flakies from Sally's yesterday instead of stocking up on some Advil Cold & Sinus to prepare for the inevitable:


 
Twisted (L) over Wet 'n' Wild Black Creme and Flecked (R) over Sally Hansen Thinking of Blue - Sunlight

 
Flecked is a green flakie in a cloudy colourless base that flashes blue in the bottle and thankfully that translates onto the swatch. I think it's a dupe for Nails Inc. The Wyndham, which I almost bought last month at Sephora in the Old Vic set for $23, but luckily Finger Paints came in and saved the day with this $6 look-alike. Twisted is the same base with multicoloured flakies that flash orange, green, blue, purple, and I believe red - a flakie party! I stood in the aisle of Sally's for about 20 minutes trying to decide if I wanted this or its twin, Asylum, but I ultimately decided on Twisted because it looked more densely packed.

I only got two because frankly the other ones did not interest me that much and I like to think that I can exercise some self control. Asylum seemed to be a Twisted wannabe and the other one, whose name escapes me right now, was just your average run-of-the-mill orange-green flakie that's been done to death (Sally Hansen Hidden Treasure, Nubar 2010, Essie Shine of the Times). As for Motley, which is a green and blurple flakie, I almost had a change of heart once I returned home. I even went as far as googling Sally's return policy, but luckily, these swatches have re-confirmed my love and decision to purchase Flecked instead. Will I go back and get Motley? Maybe...but not likely. I feel like it might be time for a near-permanent no-buy (which will be made quite difficult in the coming weeks -- goddamn Zoya, coming out with gorge colours for Spring 2012!).

So that ends my rant...I really should get back to studying.

-K

No comments:

Post a Comment