February 19, 2012

Butter London All Hail The Queen

Hellooooo!

I was planning to start a series of greens on Friday since I LOVE GREEN and St. Patrick's Day is one month away, but...this happened:


This beauty, this lovely, taupe-y creation is Butter London's All Hail The Queen (or McQueen, which, personally, I thought was much cooler)

I already had China Glaze Four Leaf Clover out and ready to go when I saw the late evening sunlight hitting the holographic particles in All Hail The Queen just right and I decided that one does not spend twice the usual amount they usually spend on a nail polish to let it sit for weeks before swatching it. I told my friend today that this was the first of many signs that I was growing up; choosing a neutral over a bright green would have never happened a few years ago.



This is the colour that I thought it would be, seeing the pictures on other people's blogs, but I think the colour in the second picture is the most accurate. It turned out darker than I thought it would, but I like it better. I think if it were any lighter it would be Unattractive Mannequinhandsville.

The formula was gorgeous: this is three thin coats. Two would have been enough, but there was a bald spot on my pinky (human error-related) and I decided to add an extra coat to all the nails to make it as smooth as possible.


You can see a beautiful pink-ish shimmer which occasionally makes an appearance in the bottle, less so on the nails. Just look at that subtle holographic goodness. Compliments from three patients today. Three.


Thanks to our friend here, as well as theme nails I am planning to do for the Toronto-Waterloo hockey game, I don't think the green series is going to happen as planned. But that's okay. Because it would have been a crime to let this polish go unworn & I will DEFINITELY be wearing this again -- go-to professional polish, anybody?

In other news, my first attempt at making a franken seems to be a bust as of this point. I put black glitter in it and the base has gone completely black, with the glitter particles going see-through. Womp womp. :(

Finally, I would like to thank (or get angry at, depending on how you view the purchase of this and a Lippmann) Vicky, for giving me the link to Kiss and Make-Up NY, where I got this stunner for $14.

No comments:

Post a Comment