April 02, 2012

I Have a Herring Problem

After a long absence, OPI makes an appearance on NAILblog!

I actually have an "exam" tomorrow, so I really shouldn't even be here. But note that exam was in quotation marks, and that every day after 9:30 or so, I go completely crazy and lose focus, so...

This is OPI's I Have a Herring Problem from the Holland Spring 2012 collection.



I Have a Herring Problem is a dusty, medium blue with unique gold fleck-like micro-shimmer. What a mouthful! This was my first lemming from this collection, having seen pictures online, and I have to say that although this is a VERY beautiful colour, I'm a little disappointed. The pictures I saw leaned more green. I'm now under the impression that the pictures I've seen of Butter London Victoriana are also falsely green-leaning, as I've seen beautiful teal-y swatches of that, only to see it compared to this colour, and it comes pretty close.

Hrrrmmmmphhh!

Anyway, I'm not overly disappointed, as this is a very nice colour, after all. The pictures above are with 3 coats, as the formula is a little sheer. I'm almost positive that this is a dead on dupe for Zoya Skylar, which, no doubt probably has a better formula...I'm not sure why I decided to get the OPI. It was most likely the name.

Study time, again! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment