June 17, 2011

Number One

Hi!

I haven't written a blog since high school, so right now I feel pretty lame, recalling all the dumb things I used to put up on my blog -- codenames and anecdotes about high school life that I thought only my close friends and I read. Clearly I was misinformed (or just super naive) about how public the internet really is. But anyway, here it goes.

I started this blog mainly because I thought about the multitude of my facebook friends that might be getting annoyed by my posting blog-like captions to my nail pictures. So I'm going to post them here instead and maybe provide a link? I haven't really thought this one through enough, except for the fact that I LOVE painting my nails and thought maybe somebody other than myself would get a kick out of it, too. :)

Or, whatever. You don't have to read on. I'll just keep this blog for purposes of polish posterity.


This is the manicure I'm currently rocking, OPI Mermaid's Tears with tips done in Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On. The left side is with Joe fresh's matte topcoat -- a heck of a lot cheaper than the other matte topcoats, and I think it still does the job. On the right may or may not have a normal topcoat, I can't remember. I did it just before I left for work and a couple drops of Sephora Dry Drops (miracle product, btw) seemed to do the trick. I'm going to say no topcoat, since the white tips seem to be rubbing off from peeling off price stickers at work. It's been three days so far, and only minimal chipping since I've washed the dishes quite a bit. YAY!

I LOVE this colour. I've actually been on a little bit of a crazy hunt for a number of different colours, the first being China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le and the latest being Orly Mint Mojito (swatches to come!). Mermaid's Tears was actually one of those colours that I passed over the first (and second, and third, and fourth) time in the store because I didn't think it was unique enough. I was actually on a wild goose chase for a colour that resembled the green half of the Apo-Fluoxetine 20mg capsule, thanks to a lovely co-worker of mine commenting that she wouldn't mind having that colour on her nails -- I'm not a junkie, if you're wondering, just a pharmacy student. :P

 My wallet's been taking quite a hit recently, so I might have to enforce a "no buy" for awhile. I've been working 9 days straight, though, so once my paycheque comes in, there are no guarantees.

No comments:

Post a Comment